Have you ever asked yourself “Why should I buy a new home instead of an existing home“? Let’s be honest, buying a home is a big undertaking and this is a serious question to ask. There are many advantages to buying a new home and here are a few things to consider:
- When you buy new you can choose the location that is perfect for you.
- You can design the dream home that you want to live and raise your family in.
- You’re not buying someone else’s design or sense of style (or lack of style).
- Homes built today are significantly more energy efficient than older homes. This saves you money.
- You have a home where everything is new, with new warranties from a builder who stands behind their product. So you’re not buying someone else’s problem.
Sure, the owners updated the kitchen in the last year, but it is really the kitchen that you would have designed? Where did they cut corners that you would not have?
A home purchase is both an emotional purchase and a logical purchase. We fall in love with a location, a home style, the look and feel of the community and the kinds of people that you will be living around—these are the things that make a neighborhood a community. But you also know that there are practical and financial considerations too. Will the house be the dream home you have actually been wanting? Are you compromising?
There are times when we do find that perfect older home, but with a new home you have the chance to create that home that you want and deserve.