This is the first article in our new series on what to look for when you are selecting your new home builder.
Selecting the right home builder is the most important decision you will make when considering your new home. What are you supposed to look for? What qualities are important? What should you avoid? In our latest blog series “What to Look For in a Home Builder” you will find topics that are crucial to consider when the time comes to make your dream home come to life.
There are two important qualities to consider when selecting a home builder. The first quality, which may appear obvious, is the quality of construction. The second quality, which may not be immediately apparent, is the quality of architectural design.
Toll Architecture, a Toll Brothers subsidiary, concentrates on three important aspects of residential design. The first aspect is superior floor plans. Toll Architecture goes to great lengths to design efficient, logical floor plans where everything from a graceful flow from the Foyer to the Family Room to the work-flow in the Kitchen is highly (and repeatedly) scrutinized. The second aspect is good-looking, well-proportioned exterior designs that neatly fit in with regional and local architectural styles. The third, and sometimes most difficult to detect, is the detailing of the home (both interior and exterior). Again, the Toll Brothers system of repeated reviews for quality improvement pays strong dividends with respect to clear, well thought-out details that avoid awkward finish conditions on both the interior and exterior of your new home.
The quality of construction truly begins with the quality of the architectural design, and Toll Brothers pays very close attention to both.
With respect to the quality of construction, no one wants to be constantly doing repairs on their “new” home. The quality of design and construction affects everything from how energy efficient your home is to the amount of money you are going to have to put towards repairs years from now. The quality of construction is Toll Brothers number one priority. Project Managers oversee all aspects of the building process so that the construction of your home is constantly being monitored. In addition, a member from Toll Brothers Quality Assurance team will visit your home to guarantee that it is up to Toll Brothers’ standards and that nothing goes unchecked during the building process. Our ten year warranty policy is another promise that your home will continue to reflect our Toll Brothers quality of construction for years to come.
We are Professional Builder magazine’s 2012 Builder of the year! All of us at Toll Brothers know that the quality of construction is your number one concern. If you are willing to trust us to build your dream home, we at Toll Brothers, can assure you that you will receive the absolute best design and construction job possible.
View all posts in this series
- How to Make the Perfect Home-Builder Match - May 1, 2012
- What to Look for in a Home Builder – Part 1: Quality of Construction - March 11, 2013
- What to Look for in a Home Builder – Part 2: Best Neighborhoods - April 8, 2013
- What to Look for in a Home Builder – Part 3: The ability to really personalize the home - May 16, 2013
- What to Look for in a Home Builder – Part 4: Your New Home Gives You Freedom! - June 11, 2013
- What to Look for in a Home Builder – Part 5: The Best Living Spaces - July 15, 2013
- What to Look for in a Home Builder – Part 6: Energy Efficiency - August 12, 2013
- What to Look for in a Home Builder – Part 7: Architecture and Design - September 16, 2013
- What to Look for in a Home Builder – Part 8: Summary - October 14, 2013
- Toll Brothers Named #1 Home Builder in Fortune Magazine 2016 Survey of World’s Most Admired Companies Ranks #6 Among All 1,500 Companies in Survey for Quality of Products/Services - March 11, 2016
- 4 Things to Consider When Buying a New Home - June 26, 2017
- Maximizing the Benefits of Natural Light - September 5, 2017
- Toll Brothers Honored with 11 Awards at The Nationals - January 10, 2018
- A Luxury Lifestyle: 3 Architectural Mainstays of California - January 16, 2018
- New Tech in Your New Kitchen Featuring Jenn-Air - June 7, 2018
- These 10 Mudrooms are Perfect Transitional Spaces - January 28, 2019