You probably already know why building new is better than buying a used home (if not, see our articles here), but there is a lot more to deciding who will build your home than where the community is located. In this series, we are taking a look at the various considerations that you should weigh when making this decision.
You should have a home that really works for you and that is created for your unique needs and sense of style. All builders give you choices: like which model do you want, which color countertop do you like, and do you want upgraded cabinets? These are typical choices, but often it’s a choice between only two cabinets in three wood styles or the three models they present are not all that different.
At Toll Brothers, we don’t work that way. To start, we carefully select and design homes for the community that offer variety in style, benefits, and size. Do you have young children and want their rooms closer to yours, or have teens and want them as far away as possible? Would you prefer a master bedroom suite on the lower level? Do you like to entertain and want an open style design, or prefer something more classic and traditional? With our award-winning home designs you also have many choices in the exterior design allowing you to have a home that, while fitting into the neighborhood, allows you to put your unique mark on the design.
Our extensive catalog of pre-priced designer options allow you to extensively design and style your home. Plus, we offer a wide assortment of structural options that you can use to tailor the shape and flow of your home design to meet your particular needs. Do you want an in-law suite? A finished walk-out basement, a playroom above an additional lower level room, or a gourmet kitchen design with high-end appliances? Perhaps you need a 3-car garage with a side entrance, or adding a jack-and-jill bathroom between your children’s rooms will make life more convenient.
With all these options at your disposal, you may wonder “how can I choose?”, but we can help with that too. Along with our award-winning websites, including the Design Your Own Home interactive floor plan site, we have design experts at our Toll Brothers Design Studios ready to work with you on selecting your options.
So if you are ready to start the exciting process of buying your dream home, Toll Brothers is ready to help you create the perfect home designed for you and your family.
View all posts in this series
- How to Make the Perfect Home-Builder Match - May 1, 2012
- What to Look for in a Home Builder – Part 1: Quality of Construction - March 11, 2013
- What to Look for in a Home Builder – Part 2: Best Neighborhoods - April 8, 2013
- What to Look for in a Home Builder – Part 3: The ability to really personalize the home - May 16, 2013
- What to Look for in a Home Builder – Part 4: Your New Home Gives You Freedom! - June 11, 2013
- What to Look for in a Home Builder – Part 5: The Best Living Spaces - July 15, 2013
- What to Look for in a Home Builder – Part 6: Energy Efficiency - August 12, 2013
- What to Look for in a Home Builder – Part 7: Architecture and Design - September 16, 2013
- What to Look for in a Home Builder – Part 8: Summary - October 14, 2013
- Toll Brothers Named #1 Home Builder in Fortune Magazine 2016 Survey of World’s Most Admired Companies Ranks #6 Among All 1,500 Companies in Survey for Quality of Products/Services - March 11, 2016
- Three Things to Consider When Buying a New Home - June 26, 2017
- Maximizing the Benefits of Natural Light - September 5, 2017