Toll Brothers, Inc., the nation’s leading builder of luxury homes, has been named the Most Admired Home Building Company in Fortune magazine’s survey of the World’s Most Admired Companies for 2016. The survey, which began with over 1,500 companies across more than 50 industries, asked over 4,000 executives, directors, and analysts to rate companies in their own industry on 9 criteria.
In addition to receiving the top ranking overall in the Home Builder sector, Toll Brothers ranked #6 among all 1,500 companies in the survey in the Quality of Products/Services category behind only Apple, Walt Disney, Amazon, Alphabet, and Nordstrom, and ahead of Netflix, Facebook, Alcoa and Wynn Resorts, the group that comprised the top 10 ranked companies. Within the Home Builder sector, Toll Brothers ranked #1 in the following categories: Innovation, Social Responsibility, Quality of Management, Financial Soundness, and Quality of Products/Services.
Douglas C. Yearley, Jr., Toll Brothers’ chief executive officer, stated: “We have won many prestigious awards in our nearly 50 years in business–U.S. Builder of the Year several times, America’s Best Builder, and The National Housing Quality Award among many others. But to be ranked #6 in the world across all industries for the quality of our products and services in Fortune magazine’s survey of the World’s Most Admired Companies-behind only Apple, Walt Disney, Amazon, Alphabet, and Nordstrom–must be the greatest honor in our history.
“This recognition, coupled with, again, being ranked by Fortune magazine as the Most Admired Home Building Company among the World’s Most Admired Companies, is an incredible tribute to our Toll Brothers associates and their dedication to our customers and our communities.”
Robert I. Toll, Toll Brothers’ executive chairman, stated: “We thank Fortune magazine for these tremendous honors. Our goal has always been to provide our customers with the homes of their dreams. To have this effort recognized by such a prestigious group of executives and analysts and to be grouped among the finest companies in the world for the quality of our products reflects wonderfully on the customer-focused culture that drives our business each and every day. It is a marvelous acknowledgement of the hard work and commitment of the entire Toll Brothers team.”
According to Fortune, the Most Admired list is the definitive report card on corporate reputations.Fortune‘s survey partners at Hay Group started with approximately 1,500 companies: the Fortune 1,000, consisting of the 1,000 largest U.S. companies ranked by revenue, and non-U.S. companies in Fortune‘s Global 500 database with revenues of $10 billion or more.
Read the full press release, here.
View all posts in this series
- How to Make the Perfect Home-Builder Match - May 1, 2012
- What to Look for in a Home Builder – Part 1: Quality of Construction - March 11, 2013
- What to Look for in a Home Builder – Part 2: Best Neighborhoods - April 8, 2013
- What to Look for in a Home Builder – Part 3: The ability to really personalize the home - May 16, 2013
- What to Look for in a Home Builder – Part 4: Your New Home Gives You Freedom! - June 11, 2013
- What to Look for in a Home Builder – Part 5: The Best Living Spaces - July 15, 2013
- What to Look for in a Home Builder – Part 6: Energy Efficiency - August 12, 2013
- What to Look for in a Home Builder – Part 7: Architecture and Design - September 16, 2013
- What to Look for in a Home Builder – Part 8: Summary - October 14, 2013
- Toll Brothers Named #1 Home Builder in Fortune Magazine 2016 Survey of World’s Most Admired Companies Ranks #6 Among All 1,500 Companies in Survey for Quality of Products/Services - March 11, 2016
- 4 Things to Consider When Buying a New Home - June 26, 2017
- Maximizing the Benefits of Natural Light - September 5, 2017
- Toll Brothers Honored with 11 Awards at The Nationals - January 10, 2018
- A Luxury Lifestyle: 3 Architectural Mainstays of California - January 16, 2018
- New Tech in Your New Kitchen Featuring Jenn-Air - June 7, 2018